I took a printmaking class at Laney College this summer after work and it turned out to be an amazingly complicated process. I felt like a monk etching, scraping, inking and cranking out my latest visions to post throughout my village. Totally medieval. And completely dangerous. Acids, heavy machinery, toxic inks, highly flammable chemicals, sharp tools that look like shivs and a 500 degree hot plate waiting to burn you in the corner of the room. Luckily I made it out with only minor injuries.
These are a few of my linocut prints. I attempted to use a reductive process on these, and as you can see I had some problems registering the lino when I was printing over the initial images. I don't know how it happened, but I swear that my linoleum grew a bit... Oh well!
I also went a little color crazy on this one.